Monday, June 4, 2012

Ten Thousand Ways!!!


The title of the blog is a reference to Thomas Edison's quote (well, we're not exactly sure if he said this exactly) about him not failing, but finding 10,000 ways that the light bulb didn't work.  See link: http://thinkexist.com/quotation/i_haven-t_failed-i-ve_found-ways_that_don-t/346094.html

I could go on and on bout the value of persistence. I read a quote from Albert Einstein recently,"it's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
http://thinkexist.com/quotation/it-s_not_that_i-m_so_smart-it-s_just_that_i_stay/15521.html

Lately I've been thinking about social media and how to use that as a means to foster accountability.  That's the first thing that they tell you to do when you want to lose weight, start a food journal.  Start seeing what you're actually eating -- start seeing what sort of calories you're putting in your body.  And by golly, if you have to write down every time you eat a bag of potato chips you either stop writing things down, or stop eating potato chips.  Because -- there's an accountability there.  And that's just one on one!

So check in here every now and then.  If I've been posting regularly, it means I'm staying with it -- if I'm not posting, it means I'm eating potato chips.


No comments: